Millions of young men across the United States grow up without their fathers, at no fault of their own.
Mass incarceration, drugs and lack of education has forced our young men to grow up without proper
guidance. The statistics are baffling.
- 43% of US children live without their father (US Department of Census)
- 63% of youth suicides come from fatherless homes (US D.H.HS Bureau of the Census)
- 71% of high school dropouts come from fatherless homes (National Principals Association)
- Children without both parents are 68% more likely to smoke, drink and use drugs
- 85% of youth in prions grew up in fatherless homes (Fulton Co. Georgia jail populations, Texas Dept. of Corrections, 1992)
This is our issue!! America’s issue!! Our youth have nowhere to turn. Gang membership increased from 50,000 in 1975 to 1,150,000 in 2008. 5% of the adult male population is in or has been in prison, costing taxpayers $75 billion a year (The High Budgetary Cost of Incarceration. Schmitt, Warner, Gupta, June 2010) We can’t let this cycle continue